Friday, November 19, 2004

Tea Time

Just an average day at the Board of Ed? No, there is never just an average day. After yesterday being left out in the blue I have been cheered up. Apparently my two English teachers were away on business. Could they have told me? Of course not. I was sitting at my desk reading everyone's blogs, checking my email for the 25th time when my signature was suddenly needed. What was it needed for? My amazon package. Amazon.co.jp Might I add. Last time I ordered from Amazon.com, very takai (expensive) shipping and took forever. This time no shipping charges and a lot quicker, although I am nervous to order DVDs. So 3 new CDs and two books later, I am a happy camper. I was then asked by an officer worker if I like to drink tea at home. I said yes (because I am getting sick of the green tea they drink here). He hands over a box of 96 bags of flavored Bigelow tea, Jackpot. They received this as a gift from one of the past ALTs and they don't like it so I took advantage of that. I tried to ask why they dislike it by asking if they didn't like it sweet. They asked me if I like sweet, sugar in my tea and I said sugar, dame (bad). She had just made me a cup with sugar in it, what an insult. So, now I sit here with three cups of tea in front of me. Which to drink, cold Japanese green tea, earl grey with sugar or Chinese tea (made in the USA)? I was just serenaded by Mukunoki-san. I proclaimed that it is Christmas for me and he busted out singing "Zingle bells, Zingle bells, Zingle all za way".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can empathize with the not being informed of, well, anything, though I haven't been left to twiddle my thumbs all day yet. (usually I make my escape through unguarded classroom windows before they get a chance to ask me to do anything else) Have they tried to serve you the ume tea yet? Mmmmm....salty....

-Jess

9:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home