Monday, April 11, 2005

Just Hangin out (with my students)

Saturday was a gorgeous day so I took lunch and a book down the the beach. On my walk home I spotted a bunch of my students hanging out with Ito-sensei (the lady I teach with who lives 2 doors down). Now these aren't just any students. They are the bad asses. The 1 ban bad asses. Smoking, swearing and stealing bikes (apparently). That just proves to you how little there is to do in Tamagawa, they hang out with their teachers. So they saw me coming and bombarded me. "Sara, Sara, can we come in your house". I thought I would give them the cultural experience of their life and let them come in. Welcome to my American world. They went through and looked at EVERYTHING. (there were about 5 of them) They opened my fridge, touched my clothes and asked me if they could have everything they saw. They ended up with octopus sauce, a book mark and a quarter. Jackpot! Then they sat down and decided to chit chat with eachother and Ito-sensei. I could get the subject of the conversation but didn't know exactly what they were saying. I can tell you they were talking about their girlfriends. Apparently they say A,B,C,D instead of bases (first base is kissing etc). Then they were talking about smoking and playing with their keitais and mine. It was actually hilarious. Ito apologized for intruding but it was alright.

That evening I went to a dinner at Chris's house that included our pottery comrads. Watanabe-san who is our teacher is the coolest guy ever. He is my dad's age and has kids our age, so it is funny hanging out with them. Chris made delicious burritos that I am not sure what the men thought. They like their food separate rather than all jumbled together in a tortilla shell. The conversation was hilarious revolving around Ya-san and his short legs. All the things Chris does he is going to do to get longer legs. Sleep 13 hours a night, eat avocados everyday etc. They are champs. Next weekend we have plans to have a traditional japanese tea then go bowling and do karaoke.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Excuse me toptional,

I have fully caught up to the present day. I am like CNN, informative, objective and up to the minute.

By the way, welcome to Hagi.

love Dan

8:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home