Friday, December 17, 2004

Obligations

Am I supposed to write about mid-year seminar? All of my fellow bloggers have, so I guess I will put in my two cents. All of the Yamaguchi JETs met at Seminar park for a big two day long seminar. Exciting things were bound to happen. Riiight. Well, it was rather enjoyable. Despite my nasty teacher being there, I didn't really speak with her. It has been confirmed that she is the ugliest person in Japan.

The lectures and presentations were nice. I got a lot of great ideas and learned a lot of good things. I actually liked Schalkoff's presentation. He is very creative and enthusiastic. Have you all seen him on his gardening show? Just proves that he is a little garden gnome. All the JET presentations were good. Chris always steals the show. Everything that comes out of his mouth is hilarious nonsense. Patrick took the floor for elementary school (he fits the part of that job) and didn't let any of his teammates get a word in edgewise. How generous of him to provide ALL of the information for that presentation. Of course Gillian's knitting needles were a great accessory for the audience and properly showed the JTE's that us, ALT's, don't give a damn about our job. Let's applaud that sign of respect.

The evening was nice. Went to a Mexican restaurant and had burritos that had sausage in them rather than beans. Well they both give you gas so I guess it was a good substitute. On the way home we got lost and stopped off at a small little udon shop to ask for directions. The couple that ran the shop exceeded our expectations, he actually drove in front of us while we followed him. On top of that they gave us some mikan. I love Japan for that very reason. They didn't even want money. Although we hooked the man up with a beer and some sweets. After that we all gathered in the lobby and played drinking games. Kat, Ellen, Kirk and Dan were cracking me up. Can't wait to play concentration and fuzzie duck again. It was also great to catch up with others. Catch up, get gossip-same difference. Good seeing you Jo, will plan a Hagi party sometime in the future. That will just about do it. I am really enjoying reading the ZenZen. What a great magazine written by great people.

2 Comments:

Blogger Selene said...

Hey Sarah! Is that the hell teacher Megan had too? Wish you'd pointed her out, would've loved to have seen "the ugliest woman in Japan!"

4:33 PM

 
Blogger Cinnacism said...

The knitting needles! Heheheheh...

4:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home