Tuesday, March 01, 2005

X Rated

As most of you know, Japan has a plethora of crazy English T-shirts, sweatshirts and other apparel. They get the grammar correct on these shirts but they write the craziest things. I have a sweatshirt that has a picture of bowling pins and bowling balls. It says, "Drilling of grass was performed in Britain in the 13th century", perfect grammar but doesn't make a bit of sense. I have seen a man wearing a jacket and on the back it said 'F#$K the Police', I got a picture of that one. Today one of my elementary school teachers is wearing a sweatshirt that says 'X-rated'. Nice.

To top the weirdness off, today I walked by my 1 nen sei (elementary school) class and looked in the window to the classroom. One of the little boys was standing there in a white undershirt and tighty whities reading a newspaper. It was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. He looked like a middle aged man on a Sunday afternoon.

1 Comments:

Blogger mshotfeet said...

So funny you bring this topic up! I was just in Target today and saw a little old lady driving one of those motorized shopping carts hooked up to an oxygen tank wearing a T-shirt that read "I really need a boyfriend." I personally don't like wearing anything with words, brings too much unwanted attention to my chest!

2:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home