Thursday, April 21, 2005

23 and proud of it

While walking through the hall today I came to the realization that I really like my age. The reason I was thinking this was that a while back my pottery teacher told me I looked 28. I wasn't sure if I should be mad or glad.

You go through your whole childhood wanting to look older. When someone gives you a compliment saying you look old, you eat it up. Looking old comes in handy when wanting to buy illegal things such as cigarettes, beer and yes, lighters (in the States). It was also nice when you just wanted to be one of the big kids.

Then you reach a point in your life when all you want to be told is that you look young. Adults obsess over this. So much that they lie about their age. Why lie or hide something that is so irrelevant? Or worse, why drastically change your physical appearence? I vow that when I am old I will never lie about my age.

So where is this age limbo? I think it is NOW. I don't want to be told that I look younger than 23 and I don't want to be told that I look older either. 23, what a perfect age.

6 Comments:

Blogger J said...

thats sweet, am quite looking forward to joining the perfect age gang in a week or so.

3:16 PM

 
Blogger Lauren said...

Im also in the perfect age gang! 23 is a very nice age! In fact I think I think I'll stay this age forever! No 24!...23 forever!

7:42 PM

 
Blogger Lauren said...

Sorry for the typo in the previous post!...I obviously 'think' too much!

7:43 PM

 
Blogger Selene said...

And I am yet to reach this "perfect age"...cos I am eternally the youngest in any social circle I am ever in, when I turn 23, I still will be the youngest..! But not complaining, so much as being fascinated..!?

10:11 PM

 
Blogger Cinnacism said...

Twenty-five has rocked my socks off. I am kinda looking forward to 28...and 33.

6:12 PM

 
Blogger Cinnacism said...

Oh, forgot the point of commenting...congrats Sarah! Being happy with your age is too rare.

6:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home