Monday, January 17, 2005

The libraries have become my candy store.

There is something new and exciting in Tamagawa. Not only do we have a new Jr. High school but we have a library! Fully equip with books, library cards and computers. The library is accessible to students and other residents in Tamagawa. Now, this is practically unheard of! Back home every town and city has their own library as well as decent libraries in the school. It is weird, students hang out in the library. They all convene there and read books, even during their free periods. What a novelty for the people of Tamagawa. I even had a few 3 nen-sei boys ask me to get them some 'adult books' that are sitting on the librarian's counter. I didn't though, what a boring teacher I am. We even have a librarian, and guess who she is, Yurie, my supervisor. So now I have a new supervisor, but I can see Yurie everyday and still tell her my problems. So come visit the Tamagawa library. We have no English books and it is probably half the size of any school library, but it is so rare around, here it is worth a visit.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cinnacism said...

In sixth grade, my history class had to watch an informational video about the library. The rocking theme song incanted, "The library is the place to be, place to be, place to be!"

And it seems they were right.

5:18 PM

 
Blogger Cinnacism said...

Whoops, turns out "incant" is not a word. Guess there's a certain building that I didn't spend enough time in when I was growing up...

5:20 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

niiice...glad i am able to hang with the cool kids in the library! it certainly is the place to be

2:58 PM

 
Blogger Dan said...

I love libraries.

Dan

8:31 PM

 
Blogger mshotfeet said...

The library (other than the internet) is the only place I can afford to go to these days for information. It's amazing what you can find there, if you can get past all the smelly bums hanging around outside!

11:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home