Wednesday, January 04, 2006

From the States

Sitting in the library, getting ready to meet my mom's Japanese friends. I wonder if I still know the language. That's a lie. I spoke it the other night at a sushi restaurant. The rice tasted weird.

I'm not gonna lie. Home has been interesting at the least. Busy at the most. Extremely familiar at the worst, but comforting at best. I have seen friends and family. Mainly once each. You give people a taste of you and they want more and more. Sometimes they get mad at you if you can't be with them all the time. Most of the time I feel like a disappointment.

I am trying my hardest to see people. But there are things that I have wanted to do that I haven't been able to. I wanted to ice skate. I wanted to sled (I guess we would need snow for that). I have been to a few movies and rented some as well, so I guess I am doing well in that department. I wanted to sit around with all my friends, doing and talking about nothing. I haven't been able to do much of that either.

Don't get me wrong, I am having a lovely time. But my mind is working a mile a minute.

I have gotten sick. The wedding is soon. More excitement to add to my plate. Then I will be back in Japan. Back at my home. Otsukaresama.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's me, Peg, being too lazy to choose an identity and login again. Reading your post made me feel a bit sad. So much to do, so little time. The holidays were a whirlwind for us, too, and we didn't fly half-way 'round the world. It was just great seeing you. Sorry we didn't get more time for a one-on-one chat. You looked beautiful before, during and after the wedding. See you in LA in August (if not sooner)!

6:04 AM

 
Blogger Victoria said...

I would say that is a pretty accurate description of what it was like for me too....before I left I had images of winter vacations of the past where there is nothing to do but sit around with friends, but this was so so so busy. I hope the wedding was fun and I look forward to catching up on the flip side....you should come down for dinner before it snows again!

8:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home