Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Homeward Bound

Things I am excited for.

1. Hugs and kisses from friends and family
2. Laying on the couch
3. Playing phase 10 with Gramma
4. Warmth when indoors
5. Speaking all English all the time
6. Talking to strangers
7. Peirogis
8. Manheim Steamroller Xmas music
9. The ancient holy feeling of a Catholic Mass
10. Ice Skating and Sledding
11. The chaos of shopping
12. Day after xmas sales
13. Dancing with Dad at the wedding
14. Getting my eyebrows waxed
15. Clothes smelling good, fresh out of the washer and dryer
16. Getting my teeth cleaned at the dentist
17. Meeting the Japanese women at the library
18. Shopping for omiyage for Japanese friends
19. Making the video diary
20. Meeting Erin
21. Talking to Vic on the phone at random jet-lagged hours
22. The smell of Dad's model train
23. Familiarity-no matter how foreign it will seem

5 Comments:

Blogger J-girl said...

I have always wanted to try #14. Does it hurt and how much does it cost? It looks so much better than the Japanese eyebrows that are cut or shaved! Have fun on your visit home & eat LOTS!

1:55 PM

 
Blogger Turning Japanese said...

Oh, Jagaimogirl. I miss having my eyebrows waxed. I get it done all the time at home. I amso get them dyed (not that you'd have to). It hurts for a split second but hey ho... It is worth it.
Sarah... Ahhhhh home enjoy!

9:10 PM

 
Blogger . said...

Wow, my list seems so unwholesome. But then again I am going home to summer. ;)

9:14 AM

 
Blogger Victoria said...

I LOVE Manheim Steamroller Xmas music!!! There's nothing like metal christmas!
I too am looking forward to venting on the phone about how weird America is. Only 3 more weeks!

8:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Sarah, I can't wait to see you dance with your Dad at the wedding, too... hope I don't cry. If I do, I'll blame it on the adult beverages.

4:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home