Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Happy Halloween

I will write my account of the weekend before I read everyone else's blogs, so sorry if this is a repeat for many of you.

Friday: Dave's enkai. Due to dance practice I arrived at the party late, only to be welcomed to the party by a game of spin the bottle. Since I wasn't drinking, I was just a bystander. It was actually quite an innocent game, but I yelled and tried to get things a little more racey. Unfortunately my efforts were wasted. I was shocked to see 2 drunk Japanese men taking part, although not that surprised because most drunk J-men become sukebe (letchy) when drunk. I was captured by the kiss between Dan and one of the Japanese men. Yes, there was no sexual descrimination in this game. So after that a dance party ensued. I actually spent the night talking with Victoria and Carl. I learned that Carl doesn't have an alarm clock, or any clock for that matter. Apparently he rises with the sun and makes it to all his commitments on time!??!

Saturday: Headed down to Yanai. Met up with Kat and Lee and got dressed in my Velma costume. I spent the week making a red skirt and trying to find orange turtle neck and socks. We got there early, had hot dogs for dinner, and started drinking. Some of the costume highlights of the evening were 7/11 employees, Strawberry Shortcake, Anpanman, Tom (Neal dressed as Tom-not him as himself), Steven Hawking, Matsu Ken, Jackie O, and an Arab. The costumes were great, good job everyone. People really put the effort in to look their best. After a few games were played (which I gave up on quite easily), we danced, talked and drank. I was at the party from 7-3am and really, I have no clue where all that time went. There was one hilarious event of the evening. The 7/11 troup (who were constantly yelling 'irashiamase!!' as people walked through the door) made a trip to an actual 7/11. They barged in and went right to the counter and said 'Sorry we are late. May we start work now?' then went around the counter and started working. People came to their counter and tried to buy things while they attempted to scan them. After a few minutes, the very confused Japanese people told them to stop. They thought it was funny but the scared looks on their faces meant that we should probably go. It was hilarious. Thanks for that entertainment guys! So that was the party. The usual good times. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that someone told me to die that night (because I am American). I got all bent out of shape about it that night, but I suppose I am over it. Take note: If you really want to piss me off, tell me to die. That will get my blood boiling.

Sunday: Had a lovely lunch at Sanzoku (despite a hangover-which wasn't as bad as usual since I drank Heineken vs. Japanese beer). Then headed home. Happy Halloween, y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home