Friday, September 16, 2005

Hanashi

Lunch talk between me and two 7 year olds.

7 year old number one we will call Egghead because his head is a little deformed.
7 year old number two we will call The Kid because, he is in fact, a kid.
The teacher we will call Sensei because that my friends, is Japanese for sensei.

Egghead: Sarah-sensei, my older brother lives in Tokyo.
Me: Oh really? How old is your brother?
Egghead: He is 22. How old is your mom?
Me: Wow he is old. 54. How old is your mom?
Egghead: She is 56.
The Kid: My grandma is 56, too!
Egghead: How old is your mom (to The Kid).
The Kid: Um 35, I mean 30. How old is your dad (to me)?
Me: He is 53.
Egghead: Sensei, how old is your mom and dad?
Sensei (who is older than me): They are 56 and 55.
Egghead: My dad is 58! (said in a matter of fact perfectly normal way)

I don't know what to conclude from this. No explanation was given to me what-so-ever. Obviously he must be an accident on someone's part. My guess is he is the older brother's kid, because there is NO way in this world that a 50 year old Japanese couple are still having sex.

1 Comments:

Blogger J-girl said...

I don't know. My dad was 47 when I was born, and I have 2 younger brothers. I don't like to think about whether my parents have sex or not, but... overwhelming evidence suggests they did.

9:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home