Thursday, October 20, 2005

Hallelujah! I Still have it in Me!

First of all I would like to ask you fellow Yamaguchians...Is it just me or has it gotten pretty chilly all of a sudden?

Last night I had dance practice with my friend Emiko. We are performing at a few local festivals and we are doing a spoof of the theme song from a show called Pecory Nights. The song has the same tune as 'Saturday Night'. It is a funky little cheerleader routine that should be done full of energy. At first I followed the motions of my Japanese teachers. Very sloppy and lacking pep. But all of a sudden a switch was turned on in my brain. It was a switch that has been turned off for a very long time. I remembered that I could own that dance and put my own flavor in it. I was shaking my hips and acting crazy like the good old days. I thought I lost the spark for dancing, but alas, I haven't. I still love it, what a relief!

Last of all, yesterday my first grade students (7 year olds)came into the teachers office to get me for class. They walked in the office and said 'Hey baby, Let's go!'. It was the cutest thing I have heard in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home