Thursday, October 06, 2005

School Things to Report

Item #1:

Yesterday many of the 2 and 3 nenseis did an intern day. They go and try to do different jobs and see what they like. Two girls went to the elementary school, some kids worked at a restaurant etc.

So I am sitting at my computer minding my own business when one of my students came up to me. He said, 'Sarah, you can't throw away pens in your thin plastics'. I thought he was referring to something I did at school, but I couldn't remember an instance recently where I threw away some pens. Then it occurred to me, he was a garbage man for a day, and it just so happens that was my day (only happens twice a month) to throw away thin plastics. I was quite embarrassed, but more annoyed, because nearly everytime I throw away any sort of trash there is always someone from my town going through it and commenting how I did it wrong. Mendokusai!

Item #2:

I acted quite childishly today. These kids here think I am an ignorant fool because I can't speak fluent Japanese. They like to make fun of me nearly everyday. Usually I take it in stride but today it got to me. One of the students told me 'Sarah, everything on you is big'. Referring to my body size, weight, nose, head, eyes, you name it. So I rebuked with 'Well Kenta, everything about you is small' then I held up my fingers and showed him just how small he is. Deep down I was referring to his manhood (assuming not yet developed seeing as he is only 14). Well he got the joke and punched me in the arm. It was more or less all in good fun, but I shouldn't have stooped to the level of a middle school student. For that, I am a baka.

1 Comments:

Blogger bec said...

ha ha ha, thats pretty funny though!!!

7:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home