Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Eating Machine

This weekend I performed in the Fukuga Matsuri (in Abu). It was the cheerleader dance that is a spoof of a TV show here called Pecori Nights. Put on my costume and the rain started to pour. It was very natsukashii because when I was a Rangerette in high school it would rain at every football game and we would still perform. Luckily the rain didn't stop my wonderful friends from coming (thanks Chris, Matt, the Watanabe's and Satoshi). It's a lot more fun to perform when you know your friends are cheering you on. In our group were also Power Rangers, which added an odd twist to it. Only afterwards did I find out it was a contest. My group came in 2nd (1st was the kids taiko group) and we won 20000 yen! There were 2 other weird acts, one was a girl that stripped and the other was 2 guys with faucets for penises- I think they were only in it for the money!

After that my friends forced me on stage only to find out that I was entered in an eating contest. It was a race, who ever ate the fastest would win. I had to eat a croquet, roastbeef, yakisoba, a box of milk, a bowl of udon, 2 onigiri and mochi. It was freaking impossible. I gave up at the onigiri and shoved them in my pockets. I was amazed that these women were able to finish all this food in record time. I came in a very slow second to last place and as I ran to the stage I was spitting out food all the way there.

Other than that, did some sea kayaking and hiking this weekend. This is my new lazy life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home