Thursday, November 16, 2006

Noosa Heads


After a whirlwind trip to Fraser I headed to Noosa where I was expecting some relaxation, not really expecting to make many friends. But I was wrong. A girl from my hostel in Hervey Bay was actually staying in the same room as me, so we made buddies with our roommate and there we had the start of our Noosa clan. The first night there was a huge hail storm which brought all the travelers together in the hall. This group also wanted new names. So Keren soon became LuLu, and Elysse became Jess, we had a Shaggy, Billy Bob and Spaz. No name spelling with hips though, which is a shame. Noosa is sort of a place where all the rich people come and have their holidays. They have gorgeous vacation homes on the river and ride up and down it with their house boats. There is a national park that surrounds it, where I was able to see a kookaburra, and the beach there is quite lush too. This is where many people learn to surf for the first time. So we went on some hikes and swims and even rented a pontoon boat for a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home