Saturday, November 11, 2006

Life as a Backpacker

I want to post pics with the recent adventures I have had, so I will hold off for now writing about the Whitsundays and Fraser Island.

Diet: Breakfast: Sometimes hostels have free brekky which is usually toast or cereal

Lunch: Bread, tomatos, cheese, hummous or some other dip

Dinner: Soup or pasta, although some hostels will have a cheap evening meal.

This is day in and day out.

Sleeping: Sharing a room with 4 at the least and about 8 at the most. No privacy, which kills me at times. I have had only one semi bad experience, so I consider myself lucky. I miss privacy and just chilling out in front of the TV.

Friends: Everyday a new friend is to be made. If you are lucky you will find 5 or so people staying at the hostel the same time as you. Usually you cling onto eachother for things to do during the day and at night.

Partying: If you believe it or not, I have not been out a single night. Most nights I hang around the hostel drinking with above friends. Best way to save money because bars are expensive.

So backpacking is going well, although after only a month I am sort of getting sick of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home