Thursday, January 12, 2006

American Wedding

First I would like to say, now that I am sitting in my cold school back in Japan, that I am so happy I went home. I know the previous post was a bit melancholoy, but at the time, that is how I was feeling. Now that I am looking back on it, if I wasn't so busy I probably would have been complaining of boredom. I had a great time seeing everyone and talking with everyone.

Ok, so the wedding. It was on January 7 and luckily for the bride and the groom (Erin and Colin-my brother) there was snow on the ground and in the air. What's the point of having a winter wedding with no snow. Emily came over in the morning did my hair and make-up and then off I went to Erin's house to finish getting ready. We walked in and everyone was in their finest. Erin looked beautiful, like a winter princess. She did a good job choosing that dress. The girls loaded in the limo, we had our chauffer, Gene, stop at the nearest convenient store to get some beers and off we went to the church. It was at St. Patrick's on Bridge, a very old catholic church. Perfect setting for a wedding. They said their vows and then they were married. Only during communion did I realize how cold it was in the church. People were coming up wearing their winter coats and I was sitting there in my spaghetti strap dress. The ceremony didn't stop me from making faces at Melissa, the maid of honor.

After the church we went to 806 which is a victorian wine and martini bar. Just the bridal party went there. It was an elegant little spot. The perfect setting for their wedding photos. After a few glasses of champagne and hors d'ourves we were well on our way for the reception. The reception was held at Cleveland Athletic Club and was a beautiful venue. There were curtains hiding the main dining area. So we all gathered at the bar and had drinks and hors d'ourves and watched the cutting of the cake. They were polite to eachother, not smashing it in faces. The the curtains were opened to a dimmed, candle lit room. It was gorgeous. Speeches were said, food was eaten, and the bride and groom kissed to the clinking of glasses. Then the motown band came on and we danced the night away.

Funny parts of the night. My partner was so wasted! We sat next to eachother at dinner and we talked shit the whole meal long. Not very polite. Then during the bridal dance he ditched me for drinks at the bar. In which case I had to dance with my cousin Ben. So we shared a cigar and danced away. Due to Justin's drunkeness-he fell down the stairs, only to earn himself a gash in the forehead. Ha ha, serves you right. The dance floor was always packed. There were many dancing circles going on. My mom's dress was quite revealing so we dubbed her Cleave McNamara. So all the girls stuck roses down their tops to show of their cleavage too. Later in the evening at the hotel bar, the best man got in a fist fight, over who knows what. How classy. By the end of the night I had on my black converse all-stars and one of my dress straps was broken. I looked like the hillbilly cousin from Kentucky.

All in all it was a great event. Congratulations to Colin and Erin. My brother and sister-in-law. Have fun on your honeymoon to Puerta Vallarta.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

glad you had a good time, the pics are really nice-usually i hate bridesmaids dresses but yours was well nice! looking forward to seeing you this weekend ;)

1:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home