Monday, November 27, 2006

Culinary Delights

Melbourne being the culturally rich city that it is has many options for pleasing your taste buds. I particularly enjoy the chocolate cafe that has a large array of hot chocolates and desserts.

Ellen has been kind enough to introduce me to her friends and their kids. I have begun the live this mini life as a soccer mom, going to dance class and the museum with all the moms and their kids. So on Thanksgiving I embraced this new role and cooked a Thanksgiving feast for them all. Seeing as this was my first time doing this I would say it was a great success. Thanks to the emails from home with recipes.
I also enjoy that Australia sticks to the old custom of having separate stores rather than one giant superstore. There are many fruit stands, delis, bottle shops, butchers and bakers lining the streets in most neighborhoods. This culture would make Super Wal-Mart go down the tubes. Not to mention the wonderful food and craft markets that go on during the weekend. This next one is of Queen Victoria Market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home