Thursday, May 18, 2006

The End is Near

Preparations for the journey home have commenced. My ticket has been booked. I am sending boxes home. My calendar is filling up rapidly. I am trying to pawn off my car.

Is it just me or has 2 years never passed by so quickly? Although, when I think back to the summer that I came it seems like ages ago. I could barely introduce myself in Japanese, I couldn't eat a whole bowl of rice, I didn't like tofu, I was optomistic about teaching my students English. I had come right out of university, and I feel like university was 100 years ago. So I guess if you look at it from another angle, 2 years has really changed me.

As for recent accomplishments that I didn't think I would achieve. I have stayed in a love hotel, but unfortunately not with Matt (sorry pal, we can find a really kooky one in the Yamaguchi inaka), I went on a j-date, I almost ate a live fish, I did a little homestay. So I am really Japaning myself out until the end.

I have to say, I am ready. I am excited to do what's next. When I recontracted last year, this was the feeling I hoped to have at this point in the game. So I guess I made the right decision.

1 Comments:

Blogger Turning Japanese said...

I am right there with you with this post. I feel like the second year has gone by an break neck speed!!! Literally.
I am ready for what is next too. I am trying to stay focused on the here and now but it is getting harder and harder particularly as my best friend will spend 6 days with me in Tokyo at the end.

11:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home