Monday, November 27, 2006

Melbourne Update


So I have successfully started a mini life here in Melbourne. I am staying with Ellen at the moment in her new apartment in Kensington. Despite the lack of furniture it is a nice place and I am just thankful to not be staying in a backpackers.

I have a new job. I am working at a cafe called the Limebar where I wash dishes and help out in the kitchen. Take that! college degree. The people I work with are lovely and the manager has already given me a nickname...Sassafrass or Sass for short. Quite fitting, eh?

So during the week while Ellen is at work I explore the city a bit. I have even joined the Kensington Rec Center, so I can go swimming and take yoga. This past Saturday Ellen and I had quite a day. We started off at a photography exhibition called "The Earth from Above" and then to see the Astro Boy exhibition at the National Gallery of Victoria and finally to the Sexpo where sex shops from all around tried to sell their various goods. It was quite a cultured day to say the least.

So, I am here until after the New Year and then off the New Zealand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home