Monday, January 08, 2007

New Zealand- Christchurch


Have arrived in NZ. It is gorgeous here and now I can understand why my friend Nicky loves it so much. Seems like an outdoor junky's playground. The scenery is nothing like Australia, which for some reason surprised me.

I am in Christchurch at the moment staying with Selene. My first full day here we did a loooong road trip (800km) to Mount Cook and back. It is the highest mountain in NZ. It was nice to just go for the ride and look out the window at the mountains and sheep.

One of the big things to figure out is how to get from place to place. There are many options, backpacker buses, inter city buses, renting cars, buying cars, hitching, etc. Well we put Selene's

parents to the test and I think her mom has found me a car for $500! That way I can sell it at the end and hopefully make some cash.

I am looking forward to getting on the road and doing some hikes and ocean sports. Maybe even crazy things like canyon jumping and sky diving.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

well done on getting there safe luv! my new hosuemate is from christchurch too! weird! sure you'll have a fab time, looking forward to hearing about all your antics!xx

7:17 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Have fun in New Zealand and don't forget to visit the rain forest. When you are done there, you can come back here!
Love AJ and Milla
(We promise we will be good kids!)

3:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home