Monday, November 19, 2007

Lucky Me


This photo is funny because Sydneysiders are often found walking around the city barefoot (even in the CBD). So in a city where people don't often where shoes this little dog was prancing around.

I have had a lucky streak since I have been in Sydney. I don't often enter contests or can be bothered with gambling but I have had a few strokes of luck. The first being Vodafone. I received an email from them saying I have won a customer appreciation prize so I got to choose a gift from 8 offerings. One was a 20% off phone upgrade, travel books, and other things. I chose a pocket knife (which I was about to buy before I came to Australia) so I was quite pleased with that. My second bit of luck was when I won money betting on the Melbourne cup. Finally, I entered one of my photos in a contest for Time Out Sydney Magazine (a guide to what is going on in Sydney). You are meant to send in a funny picture taken in Sydney. I just found out today that my photo will appear in 21 November addition and I will get a free subscription to the magazine. Shall I try my luck some more to see if it really is a lucky streak?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home