Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Un Luck







Thanksgiving week on Australia St. was a rocky one. Our Aussie flatmate, Aaron, went to America and his name was on the lease. Since he was moving out and we are unable to sign a new lease (because we are short term and foreigners) they decided we had to move out. This was not good news. In a strange city it is hard to set up a life and we were finally getting settled in Newtown only to find out we had to up and move again. At the moment in Sydney it is near impossible to find housing, and short term housing is even more difficult. So we were back on gumtree looking up share accomodation. I was coming up with nothing and getting really stressed out. One of the pluses of being forced to vacate the house has been we get to sell everything. So Saturday we had a yard sale. In the midst of that we met an old man who lived 3 doors down. He coincidentally had a room available. I was so desperate that I actually considered moving into his loft even though is 12 year old vegetarian daughter runs his life. But at the last minute Noemie's friend had 2 rooms available in her house so Ed and I went to check the place out yesterday and it is gorgeous. The room is a studio out the back with our own bathroom and it reminds me of an island holiday. I am very excited to move in. I truly believe that if you are a good person things will work out for you in the end.

I will post a few pics..There are some of our early Christmas. Ed's mom and dad sent us a Christmas package and it arrived on the day that we found out we needed to move out, so we decided to open them up to cheer ourselves up. Also, two weekends ago Noemie and I did a 10 k walk from Manly to the Spit bridge which was lovely as well. Hope everyone's holiday seasons are going well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Selene said...

Glad you weren't knocked down for too long. Every photo you put on here looks so bright and beautiful, I want summer now! Might have to move to Aussie too...

1:23 AM

 
Blogger Turner said...

Lucky break. If you have time, send me an email; I'm living in Japan now and looking to relocate to Australia or New Zealand next year. Any advice on jobs?

5:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home