Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Sayanara Baby

This past weekend was the leavers party. I was a little concerned that it would be a very sad event however it turned out to be just a lot of fun. We arrived at the leavers party that was held at a beer garden. Of course there was nomi and tabe houdai, so you know the night would turn into something interesting. After eating and drinking a few beers I think it hit people that this was going to be the last time they would see some very familiar faces of Yamaguchi-ken. People started standing up, taking pictures and generally just mingling. I had a nice chat with Kirk, gave Osamu Japan's largest soft cream cone, drank a few beers and ate a stick of daikon. Then we loaded a bus to head for Susie Wongs in Tokuyama. Susie Wongs was a very classy place with trendy decor (red walls and comfy sofas) and a dance floor, to boot! They served my new favorite drink- Mango fizz, boy was it tastey. We all gathered around to hear who won the coveted Zenny awards (superlative awards, kind of like in high school). Who would get the biggest slacker ALT award? (Gerard) Who would recieve most likely to become a wierd 3rd year? (Tom) Who is the faffiest ALT? (Rei) And who has the best pulling technique (I think Neal won that, but I have to say I think Louise would have been a better winner, because I think hers actually works and is successful!) Bren, Chris and I won for 'Best Halloween Costume', we were ghostbusters if you don't recall.

After that we headed to Tikita to set up for the dance party. We posted pictures of leavers all over the place and Artenze blew up balloons. Now being on AJET, Lauren, Gillian and I had to sit outside and take money. I regret to tell you that this isn't really fun at all. Especially being the dancer that I am. Neal, Kat and Jimmy did a fabulous job DJ-ing by providing a nice mix of songs. Then was the time to count the money. All 3 of us being fairly tipsy, I took the liberty of playing the 'sober-est' part and worked out the figures. Hope Tikita didn't get cheated, or worse, the opposite. After more dancing I retired to my room at about 3am or so.

7:45 came around all too soon with a knock from Angela on the door. Although I am glad she did it, she was my first REAL goodbye. She is actually home right now. Kirk was with her and little did I know it was our real goodbye too. Being half asleep I didn't put much effort or emotion into it. That is fine though, because I am sure I will see them again, I am NOT bullshitting either. I can't guarantee it will be any time soon, but it will be sometime. So, if you are reading this, Good Luck and See You Angela and Kirk. I also should say another goodbye while I am writing on here. Goodbye to Tori, I think you leave really soon. I will see you in Tokyo this coming year! Adios, Ciao, Sayoonara, and Bye...

3 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Sarah, thanks for doing such a great job on Saturday night. You looked great by the way.

Anonymous

1:40 PM

 
Blogger J said...

yeah louise i think will def be in the running next yr, unfortunately for her her pulling prowress was only discovered towards the end of the year.

3:47 PM

 
Blogger Cinnacism said...

Thanks for tolerating my ridiculously early visit to your and Jessica's room. It was nice to get it right with at least a couple of people.

I'll miss you with your pragmatic witticisms (yes, you're unique like that).

1:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home