Monday, June 20, 2005

Animal Killer

I have done a dirty deed. I killed a firefly for mere pleasure. When you smash a firefly the brightness of their tail can spread on the pavement. It is very interesting if you have never seen it be done. I don't feel bad about this sin. Everyone I was with, however, was mad at me and thought I was cruel. The reason I don't feel bad is because I see fireflies every summer. They would fly around my neighborhood (that has no nature or river anywhere near it) and we would catch them and smoosh them all the time. It would be like yelling at someone for walking on grass and killing it.

So I bet you can guess that I went to a hotaru (firefly) matsuri this weekend. I also visited one of my teachers homes and it was gorgeous. They just finised remodeling it. It is full of gorgeous wood (80 years old and new), high ceilings and old fashioned kotatsu. I want to live there. I also went on a boat ride around Omijima (in Nagato) which was beautiful, I properly learned out to get to the penis temple (sorry it took me so long, Tori) and went to Tawarayama onsen which is famous. I unce that my last onsen of the season, it is getting too hot. We also celebrated Dan's birthday on Friday night (yakiniku, karaoke at the bucket place) and then Saturday went to Bren's for a brunch (for Chris's b-day). Just because we dressed nice and ate sophisticated foods doesn't mean we can't talk about who we think is 'sex on legs', which Jr High students we fancy, and other impolite subjects. It was a lovely weekend indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home