Monday, June 06, 2005

Beach BBQ

Off to Hagi we went. First I would like to say 'good job' to Gillian and Lauren. First AJET event done very well.

We set up camp at the beach but due to terrible weather and wind we decided to take it back to Dan and Rosie's palace. But not before Bren and I took a quick swim in the water. I would just like to apologize for my behavior. I was pumped and when I get pumped I do silly things. Such as swimming in my T-shirt and undies because I couldn't wait to put my swim suit on.

Dan and Rosie's was perfect for the party. Nice and big with a yard. Victoria and I decided to hold a dance class in one of the tatami rooms. Stretching challenges, etc. I am sore today from it, Vic. We continued to eat and dance and some people drank ( I didn't, shockingly). We did hanabi (sparklers and fire works) and just had a good time. Of course I did a finale . I loaded on Dan and Rosies clothes while trying to look provocative (didn't quite work) and ended up in Dan's boxers and my T-shirt. Another apology, was pumped yet again. Then I was off to Susa to meet Bren and Chris.

The next day we took a day trip to Izumotaisha in Shimane ken. It is a big shrine where you pray for a boyfriend. One can only hope here in Japan! After that we went to a winery and to yakiniku. This is with our pottery dudes (Yasushi, E-kun and Teru-chan). Then to an onsen at the top of Mt. Sambe. It was a wonderful day and those guys are hilarious, as usual. We didn't fail to sing patriotic tunes in the car (due to lack of radio in Japan).

3 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

Yo, Toptional! (And underpantstional ...)
Sounds like you had a really good time with the pottery people, glad to hear it.
As usual you were the life of the party, brilliant!
see you soon, Rosie xox

1:35 PM

 
Blogger Victoria said...

I'm a bit sore myself...

11:12 PM

 
Blogger Kat said...

You're "lets dive in to the freezing sea" attitude is an inspiration smac! keep it up...

2:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home