Monday, February 20, 2006

J Date

No, not the website for Jewish singles.

Had my first official date with a j-boy yesterday. We hung out in Tamagawa because he grew up here but lives in a different city. He suggested coming round to pick me up at 3, I pushed it back to 4, 3 was a little too early for me. It was actually a pleasant time. He showed me a secret beach in Tamagawa, we walked around the mountains then came dinner time. I offered to make dinner at my house, seeing as restaurants in Tamagawa are limited, and I didn't want to be spotted by any students. So I made pizza while he watched TV. We talked for a while, not much flirting because I'm not that attracted to him. Note: in Japan it is illegal to take a sip of beer and drive. But considering the circumstances- A) He had 2 beers over a 4 hour period B) We were in Tamagawa where the police are rarely seen C) His house is literally a 2 minute drive from mine, I found it odd that he asked to spend the night. I tried to think of how to concoct a sentence in Japanese to tell him NO with out sounding too mean. I said 'I think it is better if you go home.' He said 'but I drank beer'. I said ' You are OK, but if not I can take you'. To which he said 'Ok, I will wait until 10 and then go home' then under his breath said 'I don't know why I can't stay'. Yosh. I got out of that one!

7 Comments:

Blogger Turning Japanese said...

Sarah, Sarah, Sarah... What would ?chan say?
Wish I could be there for all your fun this weekend...

5:52 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

alex, should i say that i am relieved to hear that is the norm? i will watch out for them in the future...

10:07 AM

 
Blogger J-girl said...

Heartbreaker! ;)

12:07 PM

 
Blogger Kat said...

maybe you should change your blog title to Sarah's Misadventures...can't blame the boy for trying eh^_~ It transpires j-boys are confident...just at the wrong times!

11:26 AM

 
Blogger . said...

TEASE!

4:08 PM

 
Blogger J said...

Happy Birthday Doll Face!!

11:10 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

thanks for remembering, jo! i am amazed!

11:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home