Saturday, May 02, 2009

Boston- And another year has gone by







Well all the travels of the last post have come and gone and seem like a distant memory. I have since settled in Boston as a grad student. I thought the day that I graduated undergrad would be my final day as a student. But here I am in the educational capital of the world taking on the the role I was so very happy to give up. Student and English teacher. My experience here is a lot less culturally obtuse as my previous experiences but it has still taken some adjusting. Living in the suburbs, having a car, a bed, possessions, more than a couple weeks of clothes. I'm doing this all in the name of international education. My travels have been reduced greatly, although I can't abandon my passport completely. My student loans and left over money from Australia will be taking me on a trip to Rio de Janeiro. I yearn to be on the road but feel comfort with making new friends for longer than a couple of weeks or a month. I am almost certain that after the 2.5 years this degree will take I will be on the road again but constrained by loans and financial obligation. So for now I will leave you with a few images of Boston in the spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home