Friday, August 27, 2010

First Week Dining Adventures

Ellen has an inherent love of Japan that she just can't shake. Often days around the city with her involve having Japanese food, watching a Japanese film or looking at photos from Japan. It is no surprise that she was very excited to take me to her favorite Japanese restaurant located in the CBD in an alley between Myer Department Store. We had delicious, authentic Bento boxes. Not quite as cheap as my 500yen favorite in Hagi, but for $20 I was stuffed!

Favorite Japanese: Kenzan





Surprisingly Kat was the one to introduce me to Melbourne's own 100yen shop which sells a variety of goods for $3.50 each. Well, maybe not so surprising due to Kat's love of all things kitsch. I was able to get toilet cleaner, make-up pads, and a strainer for my new life here.

Not so 100yen shop: Tokuya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home