Friday, August 27, 2010

A New Start

So I am back in Melbourne after finishing my Masters Degree in Intercultural Relations. I am doing an internship at a university here and wandering around the city with two old (blogger) friends from Japan. These two friends love showing my around to their favorite restaurants, bars and shops and I would love to show all of you places I have gone. If you are looking for a fantastic dining guide to the city of Melbourne, and you are a local, I am not sure this is the blog for you, as I am an amateur. It is mostly to show friends from around the world the little gems of this city.

First Stop: Section 8





Melbourne is known for it's hidden laneways full of trendy bars, cafes, and restaurants. This bar made out of old container supplies is hidden in Tattersol's Ln in Chinatown. Even in the winter, with the heaters on, it was a great place to get a pre-dinner drink.

Second Stop: Shanghai Dumpling House



After waiting in a queue for 20 minutes our party was seated at Shanghai Dumpling House. The menu lists about 30 different types of dumplings to try as well as other Chinese dishes. Long wait to sit, short to eat, we were gobbling dumplings within 5 minutes of ordering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home