Monday, February 27, 2006

Birthdays

From about February 20-25 I know about a million people with a birthday. I don't know if I notice it because my birthday is in that bracket or if it is true that many people have birthdays between those dates. So if your birthday is in the vicinity, Happy Birthday.

At any rate, thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes. It was one of my more enjoyable birthdays. I had 5 birthday cakes.

Cake #1: Made by Rosie. Choco cake with choco frosting and cream. Eaten on wednesday night with the people from the Hagi area. Skipped Japanese class and treated myself to an onsen instead. Recieved an ugly ceramic doll from Dan, which I gave right back to him.

Cake #2: Made by Christine. Choco cheesecake. Eaten on my b-day with the Watanabes. Skipped pottery and had a b-day party with the Watanabes and Esturo. Had makizushi which I love. Recieved an inkan with my name in Kanji, a poem and an earring (to replace the one I lost).

Cake #3: Made by Teru Watanabe. Shortcake with peaches. Eaten on the same night as the cheesecake.

Cake #4: Recieved on my b-day from Fujii-san. A lady in my town. It was a fruit/pound cake. Eaten for breakfast.

Cake #5: Recieved from Kat and other JETs that came to my little b-day celebration in Yanai. Choco cake with fruit on top. My hair caught on fire when trying to blow out the candles. (Kat has an excellent picture of that happening. Maybe she will post it on her blog). Got a wide range of stuff including flowers, 'spunky pants', slippers for a kitchen table, and a head band.

Then off to hiroshima we went. Ate well, drank well, danced well. Had a great time.
So it was a good b-day indeed.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated B-day Sarah.

3:05 PM

 
Blogger . said...

That was a restrained roundup of the goings on in Hiroshima????

10:41 AM

 
Blogger Turning Japanese said...

There has to be something in your theory about birthdays. I think you do notice more birthdays around your own. My own window is slightly wider but between the 12th of March and the 12th of April I have SOOO many birthdays (including my own).
xxx Happy Birthday xxx

11:06 AM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

thank you all..

gillian- pub quiz organization is going good..we have people making it and about 20 signed up...

steph- nothing really monumental happened..we got silly and just had a good time...

11:10 AM

 
Blogger . said...

Oh Sarah sarah. We all know something had to happen in Hiroshima? Why all the secrecy?

4:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home